96 days until the end of the year. How are you doing on your 2014 goals? Do you have your ACTION PLAN yet? What one thing can you do today to get you closer to your goal? There is a natural tendency to drift and lose focus as we approach the end of anything. Drift can kill momentum and zap energy causing you to lose sight of the goal. Take stock of where you are (right now) and use the final 100 days of the year to encourage, clear the clutter and build momentum. This year we a look at – WHATEVER YOU PUT TO USE GROWS – how it may help you or hurt you.
ARE YOU A LIST PERSON?
If you are like me, you have a great to-do- list (in your head); and before you finish your first cup of coffee, your mental list is lost to a barrage of distractions. Thus, the value in a written daily to-do list. Writing it down helps you focus on the actions needed for you to reach your goals. Time-blocking gives you space to work your list.
BUILDING THE ACTION PLAN:
- Write down one goal you want to complete by the end of the Year,
- Under the goal, list the obstacles that keep you from reaching it,
- Under each obstacle, write the action (to-do) required overcome the obstacle. (Take note that an action item may turn into a goal and needs to be moved up to the goal line.)
- Prioritize your tasks A (highest priority), B (moderate), C (low priority). D (drop from list),
- Time-block: Do not just list your action, schedule the time to work on it just as you would schedule an appointment. (example: 1 to 2 pm – Work on contact database; 2 to 3 pm: work on business plan),
- Connect with how freeing it feels to cross an item off your list,
- At the end of the day, adjust your list for the next day.
Suzy Graven is a Writer, Speaker and Life/Work Strategy Coach. She produces documentaries and leadership training seminars under the banner “Woman Behind the Brand™”. Her unique experiences provides a doorway to work and learn from amazing leaders, CEOs, entrepreneurs along with the sage of those who work closest to nature. This perspective serves as a catalyst for women wanting to grow their professional and personal lives. It leads to a thinking (anchored in real possibility) that generates vision and translates into effective action. You will gain power in dealing with every-day issues, and become free to live a major league life. Go to http://suzygraven.com. For information on Suzy’s coaching and to book a her as a speaker, send your requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org.